The USD Discovery District will create an innovation community bringing together research, education and business to capitalize on the region´s significant and growing medical and biotech capacity. When complete, the 80-acre Discovery District will consist of 26 buildings totaling 1.16 million sq. ft. of mixed-use private development with a construction value of $314 million.
This investment will show a return during the next program as infrastructure development will start in 2016.
Matching funds of $500,000 for the State´s appropriation to the Discovery District to construct 2,039 linear feet of Phase I road and utility infrastructure in 2016
Annual match to market, develop and operate the USD Discovery District, which the University of South Dakota and Forward Sioux Falls currently fund; proposed additional partner support has been requested.; the FSF investment would be $150,000 per year and would be matched by an additional $450,000 per year.
• Construction of 2,039 feet of road and utility infrastructure
• Private development of new facilities totaling 130,000 sq. ft.
• More than 300 employees working in the District
• New annual property tax revenue of $500,000
• Expand and diversify our economy
• Build on the growing medical and biotech sectors
• Upon completion, the District will have more than 2,800 high-wage research and technology jobs
• Annual property tax revenue is estimated to be $4.8 million
• The FSF investment will be matched 3-to-1 through partnerships and grant funding